HOME | ABOUT | NEWS | EVENTS | RESOURCES | FAQs | CONTACT | TOUR

 
Bofis-Capper-Fristoe House
418 East 10th Street
New Albany, IN 47150




Listing Description:
This house was built about 1900 on the south end of the Hegewald property at the corner of East 10th and Elm Streets.  The Hegewald family could have built this single-family structure for investment purposes because the New Albany City Directories show that the house saw numerous occupants over a lengthy period of time. 
The first long-term resident listed in the directories for this location was Mary E. Bofis.  The Capper family was also shown living here for several years. 
From 1947 through 1949, Arthur F. Hegewald, Jr., a heating contractor, was occupying the house.  By the early 1960s, Mrs. Mary Fristoe was making her home here and remained for over 10 years.
In recent years, the house was divided into two rental units. It underwent an extensive rehabilitation in the mid-2000s.



Driving Directions:




Additional Information:
 
Building Style: gable front
Year Built: c.1900
 

Bookmark and Share  Print 
 
Copyright © 2018
New Albany Historic
Preservation Commission
All Rights Reserved