HOME | ABOUT | NEWS | EVENTS | RESOURCES | FAQs | CONTACT | TOUR

 
Klosse -Leist House
1006 East Elm Street
New Albany, IN 47150




Listing Description:
Henry Klosse purchased this lot in June 1902, but did not have the house constructed immediately. The Klosse family was first listed at this address in the New Albany City Directory of 1907-08. Mr. Klosse was the business manager and treasurer for the Ledger Company, publisher of the New Albany Daily and Weekly Ledger.  He also was an insurance agent.  Henry died in 1914 and his widow, Maggie, continued her residence here through 1919.  By 1921, the Henry N. Leist family was occupying the house and the home remained in their family for almost 50 years.  Mr. Leist was the proprietor, along with his father, in the business partnership of Nicholas Leist & Son Jewelers.  The store was located at 115 East Spring Street in downtown New Albany. 



Driving Directions:




Additional Information:
 
Building Style: American Foursquare
Year Built: 1906
 

Bookmark and Share  Print 
 
Copyright © 2018
New Albany Historic
Preservation Commission
All Rights Reserved