HOME | ABOUT | NEWS | EVENTS | RESOURCES | FAQs | CONTACT | TOUR

 
Helen W. Miller House
329 East 14th Street
New Albany, IN 47150




Listing Description:
This home was built around 1906 for investment purposes for Frank and Jennie Brisby. The house saw numerous occupants until Helen Miller purchased the property in September 1929. Miss Miller was a stenographer and bookkeeper for 32 years with the Conner Manufacturing plant in Louisville. She resided in the home through the late 1940s and passed away at the Culbertson Widows’ Home on East Main Street in May 1951 at the age of 53. Her funeral was held from St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, located just a few blocks from the residence.

It appears the property was again used for rental purposes after Helen’s departure from the house.



Driving Directions:




Additional Information:
 
Building Style: shotgun
Year Built: c.1906
 

Bookmark and Share  Print 
 
Copyright © 2018
New Albany Historic
Preservation Commission
All Rights Reserved