HOME | ABOUT | NEWS | EVENTS | RESOURCES | FAQs | CONTACT | TOUR

 
Shipman-McCord Playhouse
1208 East Main Street
New Albany, IN 47150




Listing Description:
This structure was built in 1866 along with the Shipman Mansion to the west, by noted architects/builders William and James Banes.  According to local lore, it was used as a children's playhouse, but there is no documentation to prove that story. It was converted into a separate living unit in the early 1940s, when the main house was also divided into apartments. The photo below shows the house in 1971.



Driving Directions:




Additional Information:
 
Building Style: vernacular
Year Built: 1866
 



Photo Gallery:

Click a Photo Above for a Larger Version

Bookmark and Share  Print 
 
Copyright © 2018
New Albany Historic
Preservation Commission
All Rights Reserved