HOME | ABOUT | NEWS | EVENTS | RESOURCES | FAQs | CONTACT | TOUR

 
VFW Post 3281
232 East 5th Street
New Albany, IN 47150




Listing Description:
This brick building was constructed circa 1900 by the Ohio Valley Telephone Company, and used as the telephone exchange building. In March 1898, the company purchased 100 feet of property fronting Market Street from the corner of East Fifth including for $1,650.00. At least one residence, the current 518 East Market, was moved to accomodate the new phone company building. 



Driving Directions:




Additional Information:
 
Building Style: Neoclassical
Year Built: c.1900
 

Bookmark and Share  Print 
 
Copyright © 2018
New Albany Historic
Preservation Commission
All Rights Reserved