HOME | ABOUT | NEWS | EVENTS | RESOURCES | FAQs | CONTACT | TOUR

 
Losson E. Bettinger House
221 East 9th Street
New Albany, IN 47150




Listing Description:
Built sometime between 1852 and 1855, this was originally part of 820 East Market Street but was separated in 1901. The Moosmiller family retained ownership, and used this house as rental property until August 1928. In February 1944, Losson and Marion Bettinger purchased the home and remained here for the next 36 years. Mr. Bettinger was the owner of Nick Bettinger Coal Company, and in his later years was employed in the men's department of the White House Department Store. The Bettingers sold the home in 1980 to Sam and Paula Robinson, who undertook a complete rehabilitation of this property as well as 820 East Market.



Driving Directions:




Additional Information:
 
Building Style: Greek Revival
Year Built: c.1853
 

Bookmark and Share  Print 
 
Copyright © 2018
New Albany Historic
Preservation Commission
All Rights Reserved