HOME | ABOUT | NEWS | EVENTS | RESOURCES | FAQs | CONTACT | TOUR

 
German-American School
810 East Market Street
New Albany, IN 47150




Listing Description:
The Independent German-American Academy was established in 1866 for the German-speaking citizens of New Albany. Construction began on this building in 1867. In January 1871, the property was deeded to the New Albany City Schools for use as a public school. It was also subsequently used by the consolidated New Albany-Floyd County School Corporation, as their curriculum center. The building was rehabilitated in the mid-1990s for its current use, as law offices.



Driving Directions:




Additional Information:
 
Building Style: Gothic Revival/Italianate
Year Built: 1867
 

Bookmark and Share  Print 
 
Copyright © 2018
New Albany Historic
Preservation Commission
All Rights Reserved