HOME | ABOUT | NEWS | EVENTS | RESOURCES | FAQs | CONTACT | TOUR

 
Henry L. Graf House
414 East Spring Street
New Albany, IN 47150




Listing Description:
This 1 1/2 story brick house, dating to 1915, replaced a frame, Victorian structure that previously stood on the lot. Owner Henry Graf was president of the New Albany Wall Plaster Company, located at 134 East Market Street in downtown. After his death, Graf's son Chester lived here with his wife, Alice, until August 1955. Chester Graf was president of C.L. Graf Co., Inc., dealer in explosives, located at 316 State Street in downtown New Albany. The house displays elements of both the Arts and Crafts and Colonial Revival styles, both of which were in vogue in the early years of the 20th century.



Driving Directions:




Additional Information:
 
Building Style: Arts and Crafts/Colonial Revival
Year Built: 1915
 

Bookmark and Share  Print 
 
Copyright © 2018
New Albany Historic
Preservation Commission
All Rights Reserved