HOME | ABOUT | NEWS | EVENTS | RESOURCES | FAQs | CONTACT | TOUR

 
commercial building
322-324 Pearl Street
New Albany, IN 47150




Listing Description:
This modern building stands on the site of the Mutual Trust Building, pictured below, and an Italianate-style structure built by the Kaiser family (visible fourth from left in the streetscape view below). Mutual Trust & Deposit Company had been founded in 1904, in the 200 block of Pearl Street in the Goodbub Building. This Neoclassical-style building with Prairie influences was constructed in 1909.

In 1951, the bank was expanded to the south, replacing both historic structures and taking on the appearance seen in the c.1955 photo below. It was later remodeled with a blank brick facade. The current owner recreated a cornice element and opened windows on the upper story as part of an extensive rehabilitation, earning him a 2015 Facelift Award from the New Albany Historic Preservation Commission.



Driving Directions:




Additional Information:
 
Building Style: contemporary
Year Built: 1951
 



Photo Gallery:

Click a Photo Above for a Larger Version

Bookmark and Share  Print 
 
Copyright © 2021
New Albany Historic
Preservation Commission
All Rights Reserved