HOME | ABOUT | NEWS | EVENTS | RESOURCES | FAQs | CONTACT | TOUR

 
Jacob Goodbub Building
219 Pearl Street
New Albany, IN 47150




Listing Description:
Confectioner Jacob Goodbub had this Italianate-style building constructed for his business in 1872. He began his business in 1857 on Market Street, and later moved to an earlier building that had occupied this site. The three floors and basement of this building were used for his wholesale and retail confectionery business, as well as the family residence. According to a New Albany Ledger-Standard description of April 1874, "All the varieties of candies that are manufactured anywhere in the West are made here." The business also included groceries, fruits, fine cigars and tobacco. The building to the south, 217 Pearl, was built in 1886 to replicate this building and expand Goodbub's business.



Driving Directions:




Additional Information:
 
Building Style: Italianate
Year Built: 1872
 

Bookmark and Share  Print 
 
Copyright © 2018
New Albany Historic
Preservation Commission
All Rights Reserved