HOME | ABOUT | NEWS | EVENTS | RESOURCES | FAQs | CONTACT | TOUR

 
bank building
100 East Spring Street
New Albany, IN 47150




Listing Description:
This modern bank building was built on the site of the Floyd County Courthouse, seen below in an 1892 photo. This Greek Revival-style structure, built in 1866, was the county's third courthouse. The Dearborn County Courthouse in Lawrenceburg, Indiana, is almost identical. The courthouse was demolished in 1963, and city and county offices were combined in the City-County Building on Hauss Square (which is itself notable, as the first example of a city-county buliding in Indiana, following a change in state law that allowed that combination).   



Driving Directions:




Additional Information:
 
Building Style: modern
Year Built: 1963
 



Photo Gallery:

Click a Photo Above for a Larger Version

Bookmark and Share  Print 
 
Copyright © 2018
New Albany Historic
Preservation Commission
All Rights Reserved