HOME | ABOUT | NEWS | EVENTS | RESOURCES | FAQs | CONTACT | TOUR

 
Isaac B. Friend Building
230 Pearl Street
New Albany, IN 47150




Listing Description:
Contractor Isaac B. Friend purchased this property - along with a lot on Market Street - for $6000 in 1874. Friend extensively renovated the existing building in 1876, resulting in the Italianate-style structure with a cut limestone facade seen today.

The building was sold to J. Otto Endris in May 1899 and became home to Endris Jewelers through 1976. Downtown revitalization organization Develop New Albany, Inc. rehabbed the structure in 1991.



Driving Directions:




Additional Information:
 
Building Style: Italianate
Year Built: 1876
 

Bookmark and Share  Print 
 
Copyright © 2021
New Albany Historic
Preservation Commission
All Rights Reserved