HOME | ABOUT | NEWS | EVENTS | RESOURCES | FAQs | CONTACT | TOUR

 
Levi Block
319 Bank Street
New Albany, IN 47150




Listing Description:
Dr. L.D. Levi had this office building constructed in 1906 in the Neoclassical style. It was built on the site of Bank Street Baptist Church, and later the Salvation Army. In addition to Dr. Levi's office, the first tenant of the building was attorney Charles D. Kelso. The structure remained in the Levi family until 1921, when it was purchased by Dr. J.R. Carnahan, and continued to be used for professional offices. The 1969 photo below identifies the building as the Carnahan Building. Along with the two adjacent structures to the west, the building has now been rehabiliated to house the offices of Michell Timperman Ritz, Architects.



Driving Directions:




Additional Information:
 
Building Style: Neoclassical
Year Built: 1906
 



Photo Gallery:

Click a Photo Above for a Larger Version

Bookmark and Share  Print 
 
Copyright © 2018
New Albany Historic
Preservation Commission
All Rights Reserved