Lemon Block
151 East Spring Street
New Albany, IN 47150

Listing Description:
Dr. J.H. Lemon had this building built in 1888, and had his office here. By August of that year, the building also housed Harmeling & Maetschke Merchant Tailors. The building was later sold to the Maetschke family, who continued to own it until 1998. The building underwent an extensive rehabilitation in 2014-15.

Both historic photos below are from the collection of the New Albany-Floyd County Public Library. One shows the building during the 1937 flood, while the other shows the building in drier times, sometime prior to 1939.

Driving Directions:

Additional Information:
Building Style: vernacular
Year Built: 1888

Photo Gallery:

Click a Photo Above for a Larger Version

Bookmark and Share  Print 
Copyright © 2024
New Albany Historic
Preservation Commission
All Rights Reserved