HOME | ABOUT | NEWS | EVENTS | RESOURCES | FAQs | CONTACT | TOUR

 
Joseph Zimmerman Building
213 East Main Street
New Albany, IN 47150




Listing Description:
The New Albany City Directory first reported this property in 1882-83, occupied by Joseph Zimmerman. Mr. Zimmerman was a baker and confectioner and housed his business in this Italianate building through 1906. Then, Peter J. Pfeffer, also a baker and confectioner, established his business here and remained through 1916.

By March 1920, Bert Richards had purchased the property for his grocery. Soon after, until 1930, he incorporated 215 East Main Street into his grocery. The business continued under Charles Richards in the late 1940s, and by the mid 1950s, Radio Sales and Service Co. occupied the storefront, relocating from next door at 215 East Main Street.



Driving Directions:




Additional Information:
 
Building Style: Italianate
Year Built: 1882
 

Bookmark and Share  Print 
 
Copyright © 2018
New Albany Historic
Preservation Commission
All Rights Reserved