HOME | ABOUT | NEWS | EVENTS | RESOURCES | FAQs | CONTACT | TOUR

 
Jacob Goodbub Building
213-215 Pearl Street
New Albany, IN 47150




Listing Description:
This Italianate was constructed in 1888 and was originally two storefronts. 213 was occupied by Mrs. A. Heleringer, milliner, for almost forty years.  The boot and shoe business of C. Schan & Son and later Charles Hassenmiller dry goods occupied 215.  By 1919, the Sample Shoe House had taken in both storefronts, and in the 1925 New Albany City Directory Louis Berlin was listed as having his general merchandise business here through the mid 1940s.  Mr. Clarence Benjamin’s Fashion Shop began its long tenure here immediately following Mr. Berlin. During this time, the building was updated with a modern aluminum slipcover, which was removed in 2008 to reveal the ornate limestone detailing below.



Driving Directions:




Additional Information:
 
Building Style: Italianate
Year Built: 1888
 



Photo Gallery:

Click a Photo Above for a Larger Version

Bookmark and Share  Print 
 
Copyright © 2018
New Albany Historic
Preservation Commission
All Rights Reserved