HOME | ABOUT | NEWS | EVENTS | RESOURCES | FAQs | CONTACT | TOUR

 
Reed-Scott Building
155 East Main Street
New Albany, IN 47150




Listing Description:
Built circa 1930, this building replaced an earlier two-story structure that had been home to the Charles Oeffinger Shoe Repair Shop. In the 1931 New Albany City Directory, Pitt L. Reed had a restaurant in this new building. 
By 1939, and through 1942, the building was home to the L. A. Vernia Real Estate Company.  In the mid-1940s, Clark C. Scott had his real estate firm here and remained through the mid 1970s, followed by the law office of Raymond B. Woodward.  In recent years the building has been used as a café, and underwent an extensive rehabilitation in 2013.



Driving Directions:




Additional Information:
 
Building Style: vernacular
Year Built: 1930
 

Bookmark and Share  Print 
 
Copyright © 2018
New Albany Historic
Preservation Commission
All Rights Reserved