HOME | ABOUT | NEWS | EVENTS | RESOURCES | FAQs | CONTACT | TOUR

 
Ben Briggs Building
119 East Market Street
New Albany, IN 47150




Listing Description:
This Italianate building, constructed in 1891, replaced a structure that had been built in New Albany's earliest years. Ben Briggs hired contractor Charles Goodbub to construct the new building, at a cost of $3000. The brick work was completed by Detrick & Mitchell and the stone work by Edward Crumbo, all of New Albany. The building housed several different businesses up until 1931, when it became to home to the F. W. Woolworth Co. 5 & 10 Cent Store. That business remained here - also occupying the two flanking buildings - until December 1973.



Driving Directions:




Additional Information:
 
Building Style: Italianate
Year Built: 1891
 

Bookmark and Share  Print 
 
Copyright © 2018
New Albany Historic
Preservation Commission
All Rights Reserved