HOME | ABOUT | NEWS | EVENTS | RESOURCES | FAQs | CONTACT | TOUR

 
Scribner House
106 East Main Street
New Albany, IN 47150




Listing Description:
The oldest remaining building in New Albany, the Scribner House was constructed in 1814 by founding father Joel Scribner. The Piankeshaw Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution acquired the house from the Scribner family in 1917 and has operated it as a museum ever since. The home was individually listed in the National Register of Historic Places in 1977.

One photo below shows the home as it appeared around the turn of the 20th century, while the second, from the collection of the New Albany-Floyd County Public Library, includes the service station that once stood just west of the house.



Driving Directions:




Additional Information:
 
Building Style: Federal
Year Built: 1814
 



Photo Gallery:

Click a Photo Above for a Larger Version

Bookmark and Share  Print 
 
Copyright © 2018
New Albany Historic
Preservation Commission
All Rights Reserved