HOME | ABOUT | NEWS | EVENTS | RESOURCES | FAQs | CONTACT | TOUR

 
Knights of Columbus Hall
809 East Main Street
New Albany, IN 47150




Listing Description:
This gynamsium was constructed in 1921 by contractors Stephen Day & Sons. The facility was owned by the Young Men's Institution, a Catholic organization, and was used for athletic events, bowling, dances, and other social events. The Cardinal Ritter Chapter of the Knights of Columbus purchased the property in 1953, and five years later demolished the William A. Culbertson home (seen below in a 1910 photo postcard), which had stood in front of the gym. The gym, which has been remodeled and added onto several times over the years, continues to be home to the Knights of Columbus.  



Driving Directions:




Additional Information:
 
Building Style: vernacular
Year Built: 1921
 



Photo Gallery:

Click a Photo Above for a Larger Version

Bookmark and Share  Print 
 
Copyright © 2018
New Albany Historic
Preservation Commission
All Rights Reserved