HOME | ABOUT | NEWS | EVENTS | RESOURCES | FAQs | CONTACT | TOUR

 
Conner-Hegewald House
716 East Main Street
New Albany, IN 47150




Listing Description:
This frame, late Queen Anne-style home was built on property once owned by Washington C. DePauw. William C. Conner purchased the new house in July 1906. Mr. Conner was proprietor of William C. Conner Wallpaper Co., located on East Market Street in downtown New Albany. In May 1918 the property was sold to Edwin C. Hegewald, secretary and treasurer of the Charles Hegewald Company. Located on Water Street between State and West 1st in downtown, the company made a wide variety of products, including stationary and steamboat boilers and machinery, glass works machinery, brass and iron castings, smokestacks, sheet iron and steel work, and mill supplies. By 1939, Edward and Aldora Cummings had purchased the home. Mr. Cummings was associated with the E.M. Cummings Veneer Co., still located at East 4th and Oak Street in downtown. Beginning in July 1942 and for the next 32 years, the house was home to the Edward A. Flocken family.



Driving Directions:




Additional Information:
 
Building Style: Queen Anne
Year Built: 1906
 

Bookmark and Share  Print 
 
Copyright © 2018
New Albany Historic
Preservation Commission
All Rights Reserved