Phineas Kent House
1015 East Main Street
New Albany, IN 47150

Listing Description:
An architectural companion to its neighbor to the west, this Italianate Tuscan Villa was built in 1854-55 for prominent New Albany attorney Phineas Kent. The home later belonged to another attorney, Randall C. Crawford. The engraving below, from 1859, dates to Crawford's ownership.

By the late 1860s, the mansion was home to Captain John B. Ford, known as the father of the plate glass industry in America. Since 1951, the structure has served as the parish house for St. Paul's Episcopal Church, located behind the house on Market Street.

Driving Directions:

Additional Information:
Building Style: Italianate Tuscan Villa
Year Built: 1854-55

Photo Gallery:

Click a Photo Above for a Larger Version

Bookmark and Share  Print 
Copyright © 2023
New Albany Historic
Preservation Commission
All Rights Reserved