HOME | ABOUT | NEWS | EVENTS | RESOURCES | FAQs | CONTACT | TOUR

 
Sanderson No. 3 Firehouse
400 East Spring Street
New Albany, IN 47150




Listing Description:
Built in the days of horse-drawn fire apparatus, this building remained in active service until the mid-1970s, when a new station was constructed at West 10th and Main streets. The limestone ornament centered on the front facade was the keystone of an arched entryway, and its carved fire helmet design marks the structure's original use. The circa 1900 photo below shows the original entry, as well as the tower that was removed in the 1920s.

The building has now been adapted for use as offices. In 2004, the City of New Albany constructed the new fire headquarters across 4th Street, returning a fire department presence to this area of town.



Driving Directions:




Additional Information:
 
Building Style: Italianate
Year Built: 1876
 



Photo Gallery:

Click a Photo Above for a Larger Version

Bookmark and Share  Print 
 
Copyright © 2018
New Albany Historic
Preservation Commission
All Rights Reserved