HOME | ABOUT | NEWS | EVENTS | RESOURCES | FAQs | CONTACT | TOUR

 
Silliman-Ayers-Lindsay-Richardson-Lapsley House
612 East Main Street
New Albany, IN 47150




Listing Description:
Asa Mann purchased this property in 1841 and the house was built around 1845. In 1863, the structure became home to Mary Ann Silliman-Ayers-Lindsay-Richardson-Lapsley. Mary Ann had eight children - none of whom reached maturity - and also outlived her four husbands, which left her quite wealthy. Elias Ayers, her first husband, was a successful dry goods merchant who donated $15,000 in 1847 for the establishment of the New Albany Theological Seminary. The house was updated in 1885 in the Second Empire style, with the Mansard roof, top floor and ornament added at that time.



Driving Directions:




Additional Information:
 
Building Style: Second Empire
Year Built: c.1845
Year Renovated: 1885
 

Bookmark and Share  Print 
 
Copyright © 2018
New Albany Historic
Preservation Commission
All Rights Reserved