HOME | ABOUT | NEWS | EVENTS | RESOURCES | FAQs | CONTACT | TOUR

 
Nunemacher-Hangary House
709 East Main Street
New Albany, IN 47150




Listing Description:
Built in Gothic Revival style of architecture, this home has had only three owners since its construction in 1853. The first two owners were John R. Nunemacher, owner of the City Bookstore on East Main Street in the downtown, and Jacob Hangary, one of the founders of the Merchants National Bank. The house has a raised first floor and delicate iron ornamentation, and is one of the few residential examples of the Gothic Revival style seen in New Albany.

One photo below shows the home circa 1887, while the other shows Merchants National Bank circa 1905. Both are from the collection of the Indiana Room, New Albany-Floyd County Public Library. 



Driving Directions:




Additional Information:
 
Building Style: Gothic Revival
Year Built: 1853
 



Photo Gallery:

Click a Photo Above for a Larger Version

Bookmark and Share  Print 
 
Copyright © 2018
New Albany Historic
Preservation Commission
All Rights Reserved