HOME | ABOUT | NEWS | EVENTS | RESOURCES | FAQs | CONTACT | TOUR

 
Coleman-Guthrie House
838 Cedar Bough Place
New Albany, IN 47150




Listing Description:
Arthur N. Coleman purchased this lot from the Martin Huncilman family in September 1909, and the home was completed the following year. Dr. Coleman was a dentist, with his office located at 319 Pearl Street in downtown New Albany. The Colemans lived here only a few years before moving to a larger house at 830 Cedar Bough Place. The next owners of the property were the Thomas C. Guthrie family. Mr. Guthrie and his two brothers were the owners of Guthrie Bros., wholesale dealers in paper and twine. The Guthries made their home here for twenty years. By the mid-1930s the house was divided into two units, and the house saw many different owners over the next five decades. Marvin and Melanie Riddle purchased the house in the mid-1980s and began its rehabilitation. The current owner has continued that work - including removing vinyl siding and restoring all the wood windows - and was recognized with a 'Facelift Award' from the New Albany Historic Preservation Commission in 2008.



Driving Directions:




Additional Information:
 
Building Style: Queen Anne/Classical Revival
Year Built: 1910
 

Bookmark and Share  Print 
 
Copyright © 2018
New Albany Historic
Preservation Commission
All Rights Reserved